At Amazy, your privacy is a top priority. Your privacy is at the core of the way we design and build our services, so that you can fully trust them and focus on communication.
We appreciate that you put your trust in us when you provide us with your information and we do not take this lightly.
AMAZY EDUCATION LIMITED
7 Highfield Crescent
UK, London 2. Collection of information
We receive and store information about you such as: Information we receive from others
We receive information about you from others, including: Facebook
. As joint controllers of your personal data, we share with Facebook our obligations regarding privacy of your data as stated in the Controller Addendum
You can control the information that we receive from Facebook using the privacy and data settings in your Facebook account. Besides, you can change the information provided at your profile page.
If you signed up using Facebook by mistake, you can delete your account from the profile page within your settings at any time or you can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Google
You can regulate the information that we receive from Google using your Google activity controls. If you signed up using Google by mistake, you can delete your account from the profile page within your settings at any time, or you can contact us by email at email@example.com. Information you provide to us:
We collect information you provide to us via your profile page, which includes:
Your first name, phone number, country, profile photo, information on statements that you chose as things that characterize you and some additional information that you were ready to share as your focus. It is always your choice to share all this information with us. If you are not ready to provide us any information, you can always click on the "skip" button at the registration page.
When you subscribe to a paid service or make a purchase directly from us, you provide us or our payment service provider with information, such as your debit or credit card number or other financial information.
If you contact our customer support team, we collect the information you give us during the interaction. Sometimes, we monitor or record these interactions for training purposes and to ensure a high quality of service.
We also process your chats with other users as part of the operation of the service. Information we collect automatically:
Generally, a cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser by a website you visit. It helps the website to remember information about your visit, like your preferred language and other settings. That can make your next visit easier and the website more useful to you. Cookies play an important role. Without them, using the web would be a much more frustrating experience. Why do we use these technologies?
We use these types of technologies for various reasons, like making it easy to access our website by remembering you when you return; to provide, analyze, understand and enhance the use of our website; to enforce our obligations under Terms and Conditions, prevent fraud; to improve website performance, monitor visitor traffic and actions on our website; and to deliver and tailor our marketing or advertising, and to understand interactions with our online ads on third party websites.
3. How We Use Information
- Necessary cookies: These cookies are strictly necessary to provide our website. For example, we may use these cookies to authenticate and identify you when you use our website so we can provide our service to you. They also help us to prevent fraud and maintain the security of our website;
- Preference cookies: These cookies help us to customize and enhance your online experience with us. For example, they help us to remember your preferences and prevent you from needing to re-enter information you previously provided. We also use these cookies to collect information (such as popular pages, conversion rates, viewing patterns, click-through and other information) about our visitors' use of our website so that we can enhance and personalize our service and conduct market research. Deletion of these types of cookies may result in limited functionality of our service. The preference cookies associated with our service belong to our partners - Google and Yandex LLC. Allowing us to use these cookies is always your choice.
- Marketing cookies: These cookies use information about your use of this and other websites and apps, your response to ads, and help to deliver ads that are more relevant to you. These types of ads are called "interest-based advertising." The advertising cookies associated with our service belong to our partners - Google and Yandex LLC. Allowing us to use these cookies is always your choice
The main reason we use your information is to deliver and improve our service. Additionally, we use your information to provide you with advertising that may be of interest to you (only if you consented to advertising). Read on for a more detailed explanation of the various reasons we use your information, together with practical examples. To administer your account and provide our service to you
To help you connect with other users
- Create and manage your account
- Provide you with customer support and respond to your requests
- Complete your transactions
- Communicate with you about our service including billing
To serve you relevant offers and ads
- Show users' profiles to one another
- To analyze your profile and recommend teachers to you
To improve our service and develop new ones
- Administer special offers
- Develop, display and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our website
- Communicate with you by email about products or offers that we think may interest you
- Send you our newsletter by email
To prevent, detect and fight fraud or other illegal or unauthorized activities
- Conduct research and analysis of users' behavior to improve our service and content
- Develop new features
To ensure legal compliance
- Address ongoing or alleged misbehavior on the website
To process your information as described above, we rely on the following lawful grounds:
- Comply with legal requirements
- Assist law enforcement
- Enforce or exercise our rights, for example stated in our Terms and Conditions
4. Your Choices Newsletter
- Provide our service to you: Most of the time, the reason we process your information is to perform the contract that you have with us. For instance, as you decide to use our service, we use your information to maintain your profile and to make it viewable to other users. We process your financial information to complete your transactions.
- Legitimate interests: We may use your information where we have legitimate interests to do so. For instance, we process information for administrative, fraud detection and other legal purposes.
- Consent: We ask your consent to use your information for certain specific reasons: to analyze your behavior on our website to continuously improve our offerings, to suggest you offers we think might interest you and to send you promotional materials, special offers and our Newsletter via email.
If you no longer want to receive our Newsletter us via email, simply access the "Newsletter settings" option in the "Profile" section of our website and uncheck this item to unsubscribe. Alternatively, click the "unsubscribe" link in the email received from us. Please note that you cannot unsubscribe from service-related correspondence from us, such as messages relating to your account transactions. Preference cookies
If you allowed us to use preference cookies and no longer want us to continue using them, then you can change your cookie settings by clicking "Change you cookie preferences" at the bottom of the page and unchecking the "Preferences" box. Marketing cookies
If you allowed us to use marketing cookies and no longer want us to continue using them, then you can change your cookie settings by clicking "Change you cookie preferences" at the bottom of the page and unchecking the "Marketing" box. 5. How We Share Information
Since our goal is to help you find your best language partner, the main sharing of users' information is, of course, with other users. We also share some users' information with our partners who assist us in operating the service and, in some cases, legal authorities when applicable by law. We do not sell, communicate or divulge your information to any mailing lists. Read on for more details about how your information is shared with others. With other users
You share information with other users when you voluntarily disclose information on the service. We show other users only information on your name, country, native and target languages, profile photo and focus. However, we share such information only if you decided to provide it. With our service providers and partners
We use third parties to help us operate and improve our service. These third parties assist us with various tasks, including analytics, marketing, advertising and payment processing.
Please note we care about your privacy that is why we share limited information on you in hashed, non-human readable form to our marketing and advertising partners (Google and Yandex LLC). Besides, we use IP masking technology
and share only anonymized IP addresses of our users to Google and Yandex LLC. When required by law
We may disclose your information if reasonably necessary: to comply with a legal process, such as a government / law enforcement investigation or other legal requirements; to assist in the prevention or detection of crime (subject in each case to applicable law); or to protect the safety of any person.
To enforce legal rights
We may also share information: if disclosure would mitigate our liability in an actual or threatened lawsuit; as necessary to protect our legal rights and legal rights of our users, business partners or other interested parties; to enforce our agreements with you; and to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing. 6. Your rights
If you are a user residing in the EU/EEA, you may exercise any of the rights described in this section by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request. Data Access and Portability
You may be entitled to request copies of your personal information held by us. While a lot of the personal information you provide to us can be accessed in your profile settings, you may also be entitled to request copies of personal information you have provided to us in machine-readable format.
Change or Correct Data
Where you cannot update data yourself through your profile settings, you have the right to ask us to correct, change, update or rectify your data.
Data Retention and Deletion
We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you service, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
You have the right to ask us to delete all or some of the personal data we hold about you. If you have an account, you can also delete your account at any time through your profile page by clicking "Delete account" and we will delete your personal information.
We may need to retain some of your personal data even after you have deleted your account if reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, or where we have a legitimate interest in doing so (e.g. to prevent fraud and abuse and maintain and enhance security). Objection to Processing
You may object to processing your personal information in some circumstances (in particular, where we do not have to process the information to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the information for direct marketing).
Where your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, you may object to such processing by accessing the "Newsletter settings" option in the "Profile" section of our website and uncheck this item.
In addition, you can object to using preference and marketing cookies by switching them off as described in the section "Your choices".
If you object to such processing, we will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or obligations. Restriction of Processing
Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to limit the ways in which we use your personal information. For instance, if you contest the correctness of the data which we have collected about you or lawfulness of processing you may request us to restrict the processing of these data to only storage. The processing will only be restricted to storage, until the correctness of the data can be established, or it can be checked whether our legitimate interests override your interests. If the processing of the data which we have collected about you is solely necessary to assert a legal claim, you may also demand that other processing of these data be restricted to storage. We may process your data for other purposes if this is necessary to assert a legal claim or if you have granted your consent to this.
Where you provide consent to the processing of your personal information by us, you may withdraw your consent at any time by deleting your profile from the profile page within your settings and by objecting processing of preference and marketing cookies by clicking "change your cookie preferences" at the bottom of the page.
In addition to that, you always can withdraw your consent by sending an email at email@example.com specifying the specific consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal. Lodging Complaints
You have the right to lodge complaints about the data processing activities carried out by us before a competent data protection authority. The data protection authority you can lodge a complaint with notably may be that of your habitual residence, where you work or where we are established. 7. How We Protect Your Information
We work hard to protect you from unauthorized access to or alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information.
We regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks and regularly review our information collection, storage and processing practices to update our physical, technical and organizational security measures. 8. Children's Privacy
This policy may change over time. We will notify you before any material changes take effect so that you have time to review the changes. 10. How to Contact Us
at firstname.lastname@example.org By post:
AMAZY EDUCATION LIMITED
7 Highfield Crescent